Friday, September 5, 2014
Why I choose to homeschool
I wish I had a concrete answer as to why I'm going on this crazy adventure. I want to say I feel like the public school I went to let me down. I was "good at school", but I didn't retain much. I made it through college to get my Masters, but it was only because I was "good at school." I still remember my math teacher in high school making me cry because she made me feel stupid because I couldn't grasp easy concepts as she thought I should. I think she asked me what 3 squared was and I drew a blank and couldn't tell her. Hence, I dropped the class and took creative cooking instead. I want to say I want to homeschool because of the violence in the school. I only have one kid and maybe I'm holding on too tight to him. I want to homeschool because sometimes I feel like preschool is glorified daycare that costs a lot of money. There are so many reasons why I want to homeschool. Deep down in my gut I feel like this is the right decision and I hold onto that thought every day that I want to give up...which is every day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment