Let's start off this little adventure by telling you a little bit about myself and my history. I am a wife of 8 years come September 9th and a mom of 4 years come November 21st. I shall call my son Busybee because that is what he is. Full of energy never stop talking Busybee! I only have the one Busybee. We want another, but the odds aren't in our favor. It took 3 years and 2 miscarriages for Busybee to make it into this world. I would like to slap the next person that says "well at least the trying is fun." Planned sex is NOT FUN! So don't say it to me please. We started trying for another when Busybee was 6 months old. It's been 3 1/2 years now and haven't been pregnant once. I have Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) and hypothryoidism and I'm fluffy to top it all off. The odds really aren't in my favor.
I am a stay at home mom. We can afford it and my reasoning is "If Busybee is going to be messed up it's going to be me that messes him up." We recently moved from Maryland to Washington. In Maryland I had every intention of finding a job as an audiologist, but then the pregnancy adventure began and I had A LOT of doctor appointments to go to so it never really happened. For nearly 8 years it never happened. Now I fear if I were to find a job I would have to get my Au.D. That is 2 more years of college. Just the thought is tiring.
My first thoughts of homeschooling came about even before I was pregnant in Maryland. I took one look at the schools Busybee would be going to and said NO WAY. So here were are now in Washington and the schools aren't that bad, but I still feel drawn to homeschooling. At least preschool. I can teach him his ABCs and 123's right? I have my Master's for crying out loud. I can do this! So let's do this.....!
I look forward to reading about all your adventures with Mr. Busybee! Also any homeschool tips and resource links would be awesome, too!
ReplyDelete